These reports document aspects of Unicon, sometimes in more detail than the
Unicon book, and sometimes with implementation developers instead of end-users
The date of the current edition of each report is given in parentheses, so you
can see when reports are updated. Sourceforge has been having trouble providing
web service, so we are in the process of adding mirrors. If you need
access to a document, e-mail jeffery at cs.uidaho.edu for assistance.
An ODBC Interface for the Unicon Programming Language (6/28/2002)
Ulex: A Lexical Analyzer Generator for Unicon (5/21/2003) (plain HTML, Serbian translation) (OpenOffice1.0)
iyacc: A Parser Generator for Icon (2/25/2000)
Writing CGI and PHP Scripts in Icon and Unicon (4/2/2011)
The Implementation of Graphics in Unicon Version 12 (9/3/2014) (OpenOffice)
An IVIB Primer (5/31/2015)
Version 13 of Unicon for Microsoft Windows (2/28/2017)
Unicon Language Reference (2/23/2017)
Unicon 3D Graphics User's Guide and Reference Manual (1/26/2017)
Debugging with UDB (1/8/2009) (PDF)
Unicon Manual Page (7/28/2014)
Ui: a Unicon Development Environment (5/22/2015)
The Unicon Messaging Facilities (6/24/2015)
(see also Steve Lumos's M.S. report)
Unicon Threads User's Guide and Reference Manual (8/6/2012)
How to Write a Unicon Technical Report (7/4/2013)
A Unicon Benchmark Suite (6/9/2014)
A Transformational Interpreter for Goal-Directed Evaluation (6/12/2014)
Pattern Matching in Unicon (1/16/2017)
Adding New Diagnostic Syntax Error Messages to Unicon (5/26/2017)
This section includes major implemented works involving the Unicon language.
In some cases they might not yet be part of Unicon's SVN source code base,
or are not part of the accepted language canon and aren't enabled by default.
In other cases, they are language canon and the theses provided extended
documentation beyond the scope of a normal Unicon TR.
Many of these documents may become Unicon Technical Reports in future.
- Peter Mills's Ph.D. Dissertation on a new Java-based implementation of Unicon
- John Goettsche's M.S. thesis on integrating SNOBOL4 patterns into string scanning
- Jafar Al Gharaibeh's Ph.D. Dissertation on language support for virtual environments
- Ziad Al Sharif's Ph.D. Dissertation on UDB, the Unicon Debugger
- Mike Wilder's
thesis on the
Unicon optimizing compiler based on Walker's iconc compiler
- Sudarshan Gaikaiwari's M.S. thesis on a SNOBOL4-style pattern type. (Note that the syntax of pattern operators is changed/subsumed per John Goettsche's thesis).
- Ziad Al Sharif's M.S. thesis on VoIP facilities
- David Price's M.S. report on a Microsoft PocketPC port
- Udaykumar Batchu's M.S. report on an improved C calling interface
- Qutaiba Mahmoud's M.S. report on a multiplatform pseudo-tty interface